7 Day Vacation £875
12 Day Vacation £1450
Prices based on a minimum of 2. GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!
We will pick you up at Edinburgh or Glasgow Airport ( Preferably Edinburgh ) and transport you to your hotel. On your vacation you will be staying on the edge of ancient Stirling Castle which has been fought over more than any other Scottish Castle. The town of Stirling offers beautiful scenery, shops, bars and restaurants so in the evening if you have any energy left you can relax in one of Scotland’s top tourist towns.
We can offer 8 rooms, two of which have private bathrooms but not en suite bathrooms. Six of the rooms have double beds but if needed three of these can accommodate another single bed to make them twin rooms. The other two rooms have twin beds. If our group is bigger we have lots of other accommodation in the vicinity we use. Beds are made daily and changed weekly but more regular at extra cost. Towels are replenished on request.
On a daily basis you will be picked up and took to our farm for that day which has been researched by research expert Toddy Irvine. You will have plenty of land to search which has probably never seen a detector on it or has only ever lightly been detected prior to the plough turning it over. Some of our farms are around a 1000 acres so we might be spending a week in that area. Our land will mostly be stubble, grass and harrowed land where available. Ideally bring three coils, 15″, 11″ & 10 x 5 etc.
Our aim is to detect from 0800/0900 until around 1800 each day then head back to our digs but longer if the group wishes.
Finds will be identified and you will be advised what is classed as Treasure by Finds expert of 30 years Toddy Irvine. Any find of potential treasure will be reported that day via e-mail to the Scottish Treasure Trove unit. If your item is deemed treasure it will be deposited with the Dept and you will be notified by Metal Detecting Scotland on each step of the process.
We have YEARS of finds on display on our Facebook page to view the type of finds you will find in Scotland click HERE
You will also be given access to our Holiday Members Only Facebook group where you can upload pics live from your digs etc.
Your hot or cold breakfast pack and lunch will be provided by the Landlady Jackie each day and you will also have additional soft refreshments at your BnB. I will also have plenty of water, coffee, tea and snacks at the dig site so please bring a refillable water bottle with you.
All your Detecting needs are catered for so you can detect till your hearts content with Scotland’s leading detecting specialists.
- If we bring our group over will there be other groups there at the same time?
- We are looking to fill our minibus which seats 16 so we are looking to take 16 out hunting each trip maximum.
- If people want a room to themselves (not a bath just the room), how many people can come at one time without being lodged at different locations?
- I am in negotiation with various hotels and BnBs and would like to think I can offer individual rooms for each guest. Obviously these would need secured with a deposit so I would need your deposits to secure them.
- Roughly how far is it from the lodging to places to eat for dinner? If the weather is inclement, are there taxi’s available to get to dinner?
- My aim is to have my guests right next to a town or village that has eating places on site, walking or a very short distance in a taxi. 5 mins roughly.
- What time would you like people to be arriving at the airport in Edinburgh?
- Answer : 6 Ideally around 10 am as this is after peak time and also allows for some afternoon/evening detecting.
More added as they come